Opel 2 Catalytic
Classic Elegance. Modern Performance.
The Opel is our most popular fireplace. Part of the growing Opel family, the Opel 2C is a catalytic fireplace with elegantly shaped double doors.
The Opel’s catalyst burns off harmful emissions and increases efficiency when the fire is burning at low temperatures. You get less creosote and more heat from your fire at low to medium burn rates. As a result, less fuel goes up your chimney in the form of smoke.
The technology in the Opel is the result of over 30 years’ of experience in making high efficiency fireplaces. Popular Science Magazine recommended the Opel for its efficiency and emissions reduction. Our engineers have refined this technology over time, making the Opel what it is today.
This fireplace is certified for use with 7″ ICC Model EXCEL chimney only.
– Available throughout North America
– EPA certified to comply with 2015 NSPS particulate emission standards at 2.48 g/hr.
– Large 3.6 cubic feet firebox allowing overnight burns
– Capable of heating up to 3,000 square feet
– Takes 18” firewood
– Beautifully sculptured, handmade firebrick lining
Catalyst Care Tips
– Burn natural wood only. Do not burn chemical chimney cleaners, chemically treated wood, driftwood, construction scrap or garbage in your unit.
– Purchase the optional Digital Temperature Display (FO-DTD) to monitor the temperature of your catalyst.
– Maintain a healthy catalyst temperature between 175°C (350°F) and 700°C (1300°F). Prolonged high or low temperatures may shorten the life of your Opel catalyst.
– Remove cooled ash from the face of the catalyst by brushing it gently with a soft bristle brush (e.g. paint brush). Vacuum use near the face of the catalyst to remove the remaining ash is permitted; however avoid direct contact with the catalyst unit.
– Limit cleaning to the visible face of the catalyst only. Attempting to clean the individual catalyst openings may do more harm than good. Scrapers or hard bristle brushes are never recommended.
|Opel 2 Catalytic|
|Outside Dimensions||37″W X 49 1/2″H X 24″D|
|Firebox Size||3.6 cubic feet|
(ship weight add 70lbs)
|BTU Output Range||10,000 to 70,000|
|Heating Capacity||1,500 to 3,000 ft2|
|EPA Average Efficiency||60.35%|
|Gravity Vent Kit||FO-V2|
|Gravity Vent Damper||FO-D|
|Blower – Central Heat||FO-FDHB6-1|
|Central Heat Tee||FO-T|
|Zone Heat Control||FO-FDHCZ1 and FO-FDHCZ2|
|Rock Retainer Kit||FO-KP3|
|Outside Air||4″, meets R2000|
|Louver or Grill Options||Black, Pewter or Gold Plated|
Louvers or Classic Cast Grills or Clean Face
|Masonry Chimney Option||FO-FDM7|
|Gas Log Provision||Yes|
|Clean Facing||FO-F3 and FO-V2 (2X)|